Latest Amazon Interview Questions -1
2. Write a C program for level order traversal of a tree?
3. You are given: 3 types of vehicles: Motorbike, Car, and a special type of car for the handicapped.
3 types of parking: Motorbike parking, Car parking, handicapped car parking.
Motorbikes and cars can only park in their designated parkings, while the handicapped cars can park either in their own parking or the regular car parking.
How would you model this as classes? Explain your methods.
4. Given 2 tables: Employee(Employee_Name,Dept_No) Department(Dept_No, Dept_Name)
Write an SQL query which outputs all the employees, and their department nos and names, including all those departments which have no employees working for them.
6. Explain about Inodes?
7.Give a Linux shell command to find all files in a directory which contain ip addresses.
8. Given a table Employee which has columns name and salary, write an SQL query to find the employee with the second highest salary.
9. Given a table of Player which contains Sno and player name, write a query which finds all possible Table Tennis doubles pairings.
10.Given a string A, and a string B, and a dictionary, how would you convert A to B in the minimum no of operations, given that:
i) All the intermediate words must be from the dictionary
ii) An ‘operation’ is defined as:
a) Delete any character from a string ex dog → do
b) Insert any character into a string ex cat → cart
c) Replace any character in the string with another ex cat → cot
Latest Amazon Interview Questions -2
a) Delete a character
b) Insert a character
c) Replace a character
Now given two words – word1 and word2 – find the minimum number of steps required to convert word1 to word2. (one operation counts as 1 step.)
3.Given a cube of size n*n*n (i.e made up of n^3 smaller cubes), find the number of smaller cubes on the surface. Extend this to k-dimension.
4.What is a C array and illustrate the how is it different from a list.
5. What is the time and space complexities of merge sort and when is it preferred over quick sort?
6. Write a function which takes as parameters one regular expression(only ? and * are the special characters) and a string and returns whether the string matched the regular expression.
7. Given n red balls and m blue balls and some containers, how would you distribute those balls among the containers such that the probability of picking a red ball is maximized, assuming that the user randomly chooses a container and then randomly picks a ball from that.
8.Find the second largest element in an array with minimum no of comparisons and give the minimum no of comparisons needed on an array of size N to do the same.
9. Given an array of size n ,containing every element from 1 to n+1, except one. Find the missing element?
Amazon Intern Interview questions
- There are two urns A and B and an equal number of red balls and blue balls.How do u place the balls in the urns such that the probability of picking up the red ball is greater?
- Two trains enter at the opposite sides of a tunnel of length L with speeds ‘V’. A particle enters the tunnel at the same time with a speed ‘v’ and it vibrates in the tunnel[i.e. if it reaches the end of the tunnel then it comes back]. What is the position of the particle by the time the 2 trains meet?
- Write an sql query to sort a table according to the amounts in a row and find the second largest amount.
- How do you kill a process?
- What is the functionality of a top command?
- Given an array of size n+1 which contains all the numbers from 1 to n.Find the number which is repeated in O(n) time.How do you proceed with the same with floating numbers from 0 to 1 instead of 1 to n?
- Design a datastructure to represent the movement of a knight on a chess board
- Write an algorithm to traverse a knight covering all the squares on a chessboard starting at a particular point.